Retail Storefronts

Tenant Improvements, Remodels, Relocations

When it comes to retail Tenant Improvement’s, remodels and expansions, PRI has you covered. PRI, started in retail and our first client was The Limited, Inc. now LBrands. From that major platform word got out and PRI became the firm to use. Since then, our client list has grown exponentially.

Once an Assignment is received, we quickly assess the needed sign-offs and reviews and start the application process. Below is a simplified version of some of the many steps involved in a project:

Since PRI specializes in serving five states, vs. all fifty states, we can really “grind” down and pay extra attention to each project and client. We specialize in performance, not size. Big is necessarily better. Results are.

Your Retail Permit Expediters

The oversight required to open a retail store can be overwhelming and strenuous. What we do at Permit Resources is take responsibility for the various licenses and certifications you need for your business, so you can go back to focusing on the business itself.

Here are just some of the key retail business licenses and permits you will need:

Federal Tax ID

First and foremost, you will need an Employer Identification Number (EIN) that will be used by the government to identify your business. This process is quite easy and can be done online for free.

Certificate of occupancy

This is a certificate for the actual property of your retail business. To obtain this certification, the property will have to pass things like building inspections, inspection by the fire department, and health and safety inspections. Your industry and state may have specific inspection requirements as well, so keep that in mind.

Resale certificate

This is a license that permits your retail store to buy tax-exempt goods from a distributor. Each state has its own name for this type of certificate. It’s important for your business to have this as it allows you to collect sales tax from customers and pay it back to the state.

DBA Certificate/Business name registration

You will likely need a Doing Business As (DBA) certificate, which is basically a registration of your business name if it happens to be anything other than your own personal name. Most of the time, this will be included when you file for a corporate business structure.

Professional licenses (if applicable)

Depending on your industry, you may need additional professional licensing. For example, if you are a pharmacist, a hairdresser, or an optometrist, you must have additional occupational licensing. You can find out of you need this from the trade association of your specific industry.

These are just some of the additional types of certification and licensing you may need for your retail business. Depending on where your store is located and the industry of your retail business, you may need additional licensing, such as:

  • Alcohol & Tobacco sales
  • Building construction permits
  • Health & sanitation permits
  • Signage permits
  • Zoning permits
  • Permits for hosting special events
  • Alarm system permits

All of the above are retail permits that you must-have (if they pertain to you) before opening your retail store. Before doing any business, it is imperative that you’re set up for optimal success. Permit Resources can help you get where you need to be faster. With our ample experience in helping businesses expedite their retail permits, we can make the process easier for you.

Contact Permit Resources Inc. to obtain all required building permits for your retail construction project.
Call (949) 582-3735

Contact Us

Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

(949) 582-3735

Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

22941 Triton Way #243, Laguna Hills, CA 92653

Service Area
California, Arizona, Nevada, Washington, and Oregon